- Choose your dream vehicle and check its Redemption Allowance. You can do this on the Vehicles and Allowances page.
- Check your available GM Card Earnings by checking the My Earnings section or contacting the GM Card Redemption Centre at 1-888-446-6232 .
- Visit your local GM Dealer and negotiate your best price. For pointers on negotiating, visit GM's FirstNewCar.ca.
- Enquire about any additional promotions and offers. If you're a student or recent graduate, find out about Student Bonus.
- Before signing the sale or lease contract, inform the Dealer that you would like to redeem your GM Card Earnings.
- The Dealer representative will contact the GM Card Redemption Centre to confirm your total amount of eligible GM Card Earnings.
- Drive your new vehicle away knowing you just reduced your Total Purchase Price by hundreds, even thousands, of dollars!
For more information, click on The GM Card Legal tab below.
®The GM Card is a Registered Trademark of General Motors of Canada Limited (GMCL)/Used under license.
1 Subject to Vehicle Redemption Allowances. There is a limit ("Redemption Allowance") on the amount of GM Card Earnings that may be applied at time of redemption. The Redemption Allowance is the maximum amount of GM Card Earnings that can be applied toward the Total Purchase Price or lease down payment of any new eligible General Motors vehicle. Fleet sales and commercial leases are excluded. Redemption Allowances vary up to $3,500 depending upon the model year and brand of car or truck being purchased or leased. GMCL reserves the right to revise or terminate the GM Card Earnings and Redemption Allowance Program and/or the Rules in whole or in part at any time without notice. For complete program details, including current Redemption Allowances and other applicable restrictions for all eligible GM vehicles, see your General Motors Dealer, call The GM Card Redemption Centre at 1-888-446-6232 or download The GM Card Earnings and Redemption Allowance Program Rules (the "Rules") for details. You'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this document. Click to download from adobe.com.
2Earnings combined, transferred or redeemed are subject to Vehicle Redemption Allowances. Primary GM Card members may transfer all or a portion of their GM Card Earnings to the following eligible immediate family members: parents, partner, spouse, brother, sister, child, grandchild, grandparent, and parents of spouse or partner. Eligible immediate family members who are each Primary GM Card members and who reside at the same address at the time of redemption, may combine their GM Card Earnings. Combined Earnings cannot be transferred outside of the Primary GM Card members' household. Proof of relationship and/or residency are required.