General Motors revealed the newly installed and dedicated National Historic Landmark bestowed upon the GM Technical Center located in Warren, Mi, on Aug. 6, 2015

General Motors revealed the newly installed and dedicated National Historic Landmark bestowed upon the GM Technical Center located in Warren, Mi, on Aug. 6, 2015 The National Park Service selected the campus for this honor because it possesses national significance as one of the most important works of modernist architect Eero Saarinen. When the GM Tech Center was dedicated in 1956, it was the pinnacle of engineering, design and advance technology, and marked Saarinen’s emergence onto the international stage as an architect, planner and designer of total environments. Directly behind the landmark is the Wall of Water Fountain, which pumps 6,000 gallons of water per minute to create a 115-foot wide, 55-foot high “wall of water.” And, the GM Design Center borders the lake on the south end of the footprint, shown to the far right.