Built with pride in Canada, Terrain has always been the compact crossover for drivers who demand more in terms of style, technology and standard features. Now for 2013, Terrain raises the bar even higher, with more models to choose from and more available power. A new top-of-the-line Denali model joins the Terrain family this year, bringing real luxury to the compact crossover class. You can also choose a new direct-injected 3.6-litre V6 that puts out 301 horsepower. Top that off with the fact that Terrain was named a Consumer’s Digest Best Buy three years running and a 2012 Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.* Why settle for less when you could be driving a Terrain?
- Terrain Denali: The new height of style and engineering
- New for 2013, Terrain Denali is the most luxurious Terrain yet. Outside, Terrain Denali is distinguished by its commanding honeycomb chrome grille and accents of satin-finish chrome on its door handles, mirror caps, bodyside mouldings and stylish aluminum wheels. Inside, Terrain Denali offers a level of innovation that includes Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Side Blind Zone Alert, both standard features. The cabin also features soft-touch leathers with contrasting stitching and Denali logos embossed on the front seatbacks.
- Versatility for real life
- Terrain has the flexibility to handle whatever comes your way. There's room for 894 litres of cargo behind the rear seats. Fold the rear seatbacks and you've got space for a massive 1,809 litres of gear, more than enough space whether your camping, cottaging or just going on a road trip. Need more? Available roof rails make it a breeze to install the rack or cargo box of your choice. Or hook up a trailer and tow up to 1,588 kg (3,500 lb).**
- State-of-the-art power
- Terrain offers a choice of two great engines, both paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission. The first is a standard 2.4-litre four-cylinder engine that generates 182 horsepower, yet has a highway rating of just 6.1 litres per hundred kilometres.† Terrain also offers a new-for-2013 available 3.6L V6 that puts out a generous 301 horsepower. Both Terrain powerplants feature innovations like Variable Valve Timing (VVT) and Direct Injection (DI) that help deliver optimal power and torque from every drop of fuel.
- Confident control
- To help keep you firmly in command, Terrain offers an available electronically-controlled intelligent All-Wheel Drive system for extra traction and the ability to adapt to changing road conditions. This system sends the maximum amount of torque needed to each wheel and adjusts torque as required to help you maintain control. Together with Terrain's standard, four-wheel disc braking system with ABS and StabiliTrak® ; electronic stability control system, it helps to make the very most of the available traction, regardless of what season it may happen to be.
- More innovation
- Terrain brings a higher level of standard equipment - and more safety, convenience and technology - to the compact crossover class. Every model comes with a Rear Vision Camera system, a 178 mm (7-in.) colour Touch screen display with Bluetooth® connectivity and a USB port. There's also a clever Multi-Flex® sliding rear seat that adjusts backwards and forwards by 200 mm, affording your rear passengers enjoy the most legroom in Terrain's class.††
- Top Safety Pick
- Terrain is loaded with advanced safety features, including a StabiliTrak™ electronic stability control system, a safety cage around the passenger compartment and 6 standard airbags. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) named Terrain a 2012 Top Safety Pick after it scored in the top category in their front, side, rollover and rear crash tests.* Terrain is also the only vehicle in its class with OnStar® Automatic Crash Response which can automatically dispatch emergency services to your exact location after a collision.
ΩMSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See additional information on vehicle pricing.
^ Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction.
Visit OnStar.ca for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions.
** Trailer rating with available 3.6L V6. Rating with 2.4L I4 engine is 680 kg (1,500 lb).
† 2013 GMC Terrain FWD, equipped with standard 2.4L ECOTEC I-4 engine, fuel consumption ratings based on GM testing in accordance with approved Transport Canada test methods.
†† Based on Wardsauto.com 2012 Middle Cross/Utility Vehicle segmentation and latest 2012 model year competitive information available at time of printing. Excludes other GM models.
∞ Fuel consumption ratings based on GM testing of the 2013 Terrain in accordance with approved Transport Canada test methods. Your actual fuel consumption may vary.