There's a world of difference between using a truck and relying on a truck as the lifeblood of your business. That's why so many professional truck users place their trust in the only Professional Grade heavy-duty pickups: Sierra 2500HD and 3500HD. They are built on the only full-length fully boxed high-strength steel frame in its class.* And they feature the proven capabilities of the available Duramax® 6.6L turbo diesel V8 engine and Allison® 6-speed automatic transmission combination that generates 397 hp and a massive 765 lb-ft of torque. Hook up a trailer and Sierra 3500HD really comes into its own, with an up to 10,478 kg (23,100 lb) maximum towing capacity that beats both the Ford F-350 Super Duty and RAM 3500 Heavy Duty pickups.† Accept nothing less than Professional Grade: the 2013 GMC Sierra HD pickups.
- What you need from a pickup can come down to three simple words: Power, Pulling and Payload. The mammoth payload and towing capacities of Sierra 2500HD and 3500HD pickups demand massively strong frame, suspension, steering and braking systems. Sierra HDs answer with a segment-exclusive high-strength steel frame featuring fully boxed rails front to rear.* Other rugged features include asymmetrical rear leaf springs and higher Gross Axle Weight capacities. Together these components help Sierra 3500HD top Ford Super Duty F-350 in maximum 5th-wheel towing.††
- The Dynamic Duo
- The Duramax® 6.6L turbo diesel V8 engine and GM-exclusive Allison® 1000 6-speed automatic transmission combination has proven itself with more than 1.3 million units sold since its introduction 12 years ago. The output is mighty, with 397 hp and 765 lb-ft of torque. Features include a smart exhaust brake that increases backpressure in the exhaust to help slow the truck on downhill grades, resulting in improved control and reduced brake wear. Allison's reputation rests on its commercial and military applications - and the 1000 Series transmission is based on Allison's vast medium-duty truck transmission experience and technology. Two trusted names, one solid combination.
- Vortec - Dependable Gas Power
- Sierra HD's standard Vortec 6.0L V8 generates a substantial 360 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque. This V8 was engineered for heavy-duty applications, with a cast-iron engine block and cast stainless steel exhaust manifolds that can withstand even the most demanding commercial applications. The cam-in-block engine architecture, polymer-coated pistons and inconel super-alloy exhaust valves all add to the durability. The Hydra-Matic 6-speed automatic transmission is also engineered to handle the specific requirements of heavy-duty trucks. The transmission features tap-up/tap-down shift controls - and a tall overdrive for better fuel efficiency.
- It Comes Loaded
- Sierra HD is engineered from the ground up to be an effective vehicle for towing. A series of features take the worry out of trailering - included is everything from standard trailer sway control and hill hold assist (SRW models only) to the available integrated trailer brake controller shown here. It measures brake force or "gain" and applies the trailer brakes as needed. Both Sierra HD 6-speed automatic transmissions also include automatic grade braking and a Tow/Haul mode. Put it all together and you end up with a maximum 5th-wheel trailering capacity of 10,478 kg (23,100 lb) - that's more than either the Ford F-350 Super Duty or RAM 3500 Heavy Duty pickups.†
- Welcome To Your Office
- The reality is that your truck's cab serves as your office on the road - and on the job site. Sierra HDs are equipped with that in mind - for 2013 the list of standard features includes standard Bluetooth® wireless hands-free phone connectivity that enables you to make, answer and end calls on compatible mobile phones, using standard steering wheel-mounted controls. And there are a series of handy storage compartments that help you keep all your essentials close at hand. You can also manage your truck's operation more effectively thanks to the standard Driver Information Centre that includes readouts for everything from an engine hour meter to transmission temperature.
- Capable - And Luxurious
- Sierra HD Denali is one exclusive heavy-duty pickup. That's because it offers the capabilities GMC's HDs are famous for - plus the luxury that sets every Denali apart. The cabin is exceptionally upscale with features like heated and cooled power 12-way front bucket seats with leather inserts - and a heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel. That's in addition to a series of bold styling enhancements, such as a Denali-specific full chrome grille and polished aluminum wheels.
ΩMSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See additional information on vehicle pricing.
^ Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction.
Visit OnStar.ca for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions.
† 2013 GMC Sierra HD 5th-wheel towing of 10,478 kg (23,100 lb.) is based on model K30903 DRW model. Competitive comparison based on comparably equipped 2013 Ford Super Duty F-350 models. Maximum trailer weight rating is calculated assuming a properly equipped base vehicle, except for any options necessary to achieve the rating, plus driver. Weight of other optional equipment, passengers and cargo will reduce the maximum trailer weight that your vehicle can tow.