The 2013 Sonic hits all the right notes with a powerful yet ridiculously fuel efficient available 1.4L ECOTEC® turbocharged engine, motorcycle-inspired gauges and a full set of available features, including the new-for-2013 Chevrolet MyLinkTM touch radio with Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming.
- Awards and Recognition
- We think the Chevrolet Sonic is the perfect mix of undeniable fun, safety and performance. And we're not the only ones that think so.
- The road calls. Answer it
- When you think Sonic, think turbocharged. The available 1.4L ECOTEC® Turbo engine pumps out an at-the-ready 138 hp and 148 lb-ft of torque. On the test track, that means 0–96 km/h in under 8 seconds. And with a highway fuel consumption rating of just 5.1 L of regular gas per 100 km,1 you can ignore the call of the gas pump and focus on answering the call of the road.
- Slick style meets awesome versatility
- The dual-cockpit design sets a sporty tone, while the instrumentation reflects the hottest motorcycle designs. And even though you feel like you're driving a next-generation racer, Sonic is surprisingly roomy. You can pack up to 397 L in the Sedan's trunk or up to an astonishing 869 L in the 5-Door, with the rear seats folded down. No wonder Sonic's cabin was named one of Ward's 10 Best Interiors of 2012.
- Drive safe
- Love your life? We do too. So we've gone to great lengths to protect it with advanced driver control technologies like Sonic's standard StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control System, ABS and traction control. StabiliTrak® detects a lateral skid and intervenes automatically to help keep you on your path. You've also got up to 10 airbags inside – the most in any car in Sonic's class2 - just in case. Wildly fun and super safe. Opposites do attract.
- New Chevrolet MyLinkTM
- Welcome to your travelling sound booth. With the newly available Chevrolet MylinkTM touch radio,† you can enjoy Bluetooth® streaming audio from your smartphone. You can listen to your playlists. Access your contacts. And with most Bluetooth®-enabled phones, you can make and receive calls effortlessly, select radio stations and select music, all with just the sound of your voice.
- RS: Sonic to the max
- New for 2013, RS takes everything Sonic and dials it all the way up. The standard turbocharged engine is complemented perfectly by a lowered and stiffened suspension with performance-tuned dampers and a unique sport exhaust. In the cabin there's a race-inspired, leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel and heated, leather-appointed front bucket seats with sueded microfibre inserts. Get ready to hit the road and never look back.
ΩMSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See additional information on vehicle pricing.
^ Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction.
Visit OnStar.ca for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions.
2. Based on WardsAuto.com 2012 Lower Small segment and the latest competitive information available at the time of posting. Sonic LTZ or LS and LT with available Peace of Mind Package comes equipped with 10 airbags.
† MyLink functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth® and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices. MyLink on Sonic does not include functionality such as enhanced voice recognition, Gracenote® and CD player.
∞ Fuel consumption ratings based on GM testing of the 2013 Sonic in accordance with approved Transport Canada test methods. Your actual fuel consumption may vary.