What does it take for a heavy-duty pickup to perform up to your expectations – and to exceed the capabilities of the competition? You can look at the numbers. Silverado HD beats Ford F-350 and RAM 3500 HD in fifth-wheel towing capacity.1 Look deeper and Silverado looks even better. The available Duramax® 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 and Allison® 1000 six-speed automatic transmission combination continues to be the gold standard for the industry, with proven dependability and a massive 765 lb-ft of torque ready for action. The ultimate test, of course, is how a truck performs in the real world. And Silverado HD’s reputation as a workhorse is legendary. That’s why it continues to be such a favourite among people who depend on their trucks. The proven winner: Silverado HD.
- Duramax® 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8
- It's the most powerful Chevrolet pickup ever - Silverado HD equipped with the available Duramax® 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8. The output is 397 horsepower and a formidable 765 lb-ft of torque. The Duramax® Allison® six-speed automatic transmission combination is known for its rock-solid durability, proven in the real world, with more than a million units already operational. Durability features of the Duramax® include common rail fuel injection technology, six-bolt-per-cylinder head design, induction-hardened cylinder walls, deep-skirt design and piston-cooling oil jets.
- Allison® 1000 Transmission
- Not every transmission can stand up to the demands placed on it by the power and torque that the available Duramax® Turbo Diesel produces. Chevrolet turned to Allison® for a solution, based on its track record in medium-duty and military applications. The resulting heavy-duty Allison® six-speed transmission that's paired with the Duramax® not only incorporates beefed up components like its torque converter, output shaft and a stiffer housing, but also includes such useful features as exhaust braking and tap-up/tap-down shifting.
- VortecTM V8 Power
- The standard engine for Silverado HD is the gasoline powered Gen IV VortecTM 6.0L V8 that generates 360 horsepower and 380 lb-ft of torque. The engine features cam-in-block variable valve timing that can either advance or retard cam timing. At low rpm, timing is advanced to increase torque. At high engine rpm, it typically retards timing to increase airflow and horsepower. This helps the engine reach near peak levels of torque over a broad rpm range, while enabling high horsepower output and better fuel efficiency. The VortecTM V8 is mated to a Hydra-Matic® 6-speed automatic transmission that features a "steep" first gear that maximizes acceleration and a "tall" overdrive top gear for quiet, low-rpm highway cruising.
- Combine Silverado's awesome power with the strength of the only full-length fully boxed high-strength steel frames in its class2 and the resulting hauling capacities are massive: a maximum fifth-wheel trailering capacity of 10,478 kg (23,100 lb) - which outstrips the Ford F-350 and RAM 3500 HD pickups1 - and ball-hitch trailering capacity of 8,165 kg (18,000 lb).Trailer-specific features include Auto Grade Braking that automatically downshifts on long, steep descents to reduce brake wear and an available Integrated Trailer Brake Controller. Silverado HD also offers payload capacities of up to 3,276 kg (7,222 lb).3 Clearly, there's no substitute for the strength and power of Silverado HD.
- Z71 PLUS PACKAGE
- For the most rugged, off-road-ready Silverado HD, choose the available Z71 Plus Package. It features 35 mm deflective-disc twin-tube shock absorbers, off-road jounce bumpers, a 33 mm front stabilizer bar and a Skid Plate Package. The Z71 Plus Package also delivers a bolder look, with colour-coordinated Z71 graphics in the pickup box, body-colour outside rearview mirrors and body-colour exterior door handles. Other features that distinguish the Z71 include 18" polished forged-aluminum wheels, a body-colour bumper, chrome grille with body-colour surround and fog lights. The toughest Silverado HD: the Z71.
- SILVERADO 3500HD CHASSIS CAB
- The Silverado 3500HD Chassis Cab is the perfect starting point for upfitting - built to handle the exact specifications for your specific business application. Gross Vehicle Weight Ratings range up to 5,988 kg (13,200 lb). Power is supplied by either the standard VortecTM 6.0L V8 and Hydra-Matic® six-speed automatic transmission or the available Duramax® 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 and Allison® 1000 Series 6-speed automatic. These trucks are purpose-built for upfitting, with 60" or 84" cab-to-axle dimensions and industry-standard 34" frame rail spacing. You've got your truck - now work with your upfitter to customize it just the way you want it.
ΩMSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See additional information on vehicle pricing.
^ Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction.
Visit OnStar.ca for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions.
1 2013 Silverado 3500HD 5th-wheel towing capacity of 10,478 kg (23,100 lb) is based on model K30903 with Dual Rear Wheels and available Duramax® diesel engine. Competitive information based on comparably equipped 2012 model year data available at time of printing. Maximum trailer weight ratings are calculated assuming a base vehicle, except for any option(s) necessary to achieve the rating, plus driver. The weight of other optional equipment, passengers and cargo will reduce the maximum trailer weight your vehicle can tow. See your Chevy dealer for additional details.
2 Based on WardsAuto.com 2012 Large Pickup segmentation and latest 2012 competitive information available at time of printing. Excludes other GM models.
3 Requires Regular Cab model C30903 with Dual Rear Wheels and gas engine. Maximum payload capacity includes weight of driver, passengers, optional equipment and cargo.