Official Rules and Regulations ("Rules")
This Contest is held by General Motors of Canada Limited ("GMCL" or the "Sponsor") The Contest runs from December 22, 2012 at 10:00:01 a.m. (EST) to December 18, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. (EST) (the "Contest Period").
1. Residents of Canada who have a valid driver's license and have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry may enter this Contest. Employees of, retirees of, immediate family members of, or those residing with an employee of GMCL its agents and representatives, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries and dealers, advertising and promotional agencies, sponsors, suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this contest, including Promotion Solutions (the "Independent Contest Organization") are not eligible to enter this contest. "Immediate family" is defined as parents, siblings, children, spouse or partner or anyone with whom any of the above are domiciled.
2) To Enter
2. No purchase necessary to enter. Limit of one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period, regardless of the mode of entry. If it is discovered that a participant has attempted to enter the Contest more than once, only the first entry will be included in the Contest draw. There are three (3) ways of entering the Contest:
2.1 By attending the GMCL vehicle display area at one (1) of the participating events in Canada during the Contest Period and completing the entry form with your preferred title, name, complete address, daytime telephone number and email address . Next, indicate that you are the age of majority in the province or territory of residence and which age group you belong to. The entry form may be either electronic or paper ballot, depending on the event and venue.
2.2 By attending one (1) of the participating GMCL dealer events during the Contest Period and completing the electronic entry form at the vehicle display area with your preferred title, name, complete address, daytime telephone number and email address. Next, indicate that you are the age of majority in the province or territory of residence and which age group you belong to.
2.3 Visit any one (1) of the Contest websites: www.wintheultimateride.ca, www.winachevrolet.ca, www.winabuick.ca, www.winagmc.ca, www.winacadillac.ca during the Contest Period and click on the Contest entry link and register by filling out the online entry form with your preferred title, name, complete address, daytime telephone number and email address. Next, indicate that you are the age of majority in the province or territory of residence and which age group you belong to. Complete the online entry form with all required information and click on the "submit" button to complete your entry.
3. For a list of all participating events and dates along with the participating GMCL dealer events, please send a self addressed stamped envelope to "Win the Ultimate Ride" Contest, Event List Request, P.O. Box 5849, Station "A", Toronto, Ontario, M5V 1P3. Event list is subject to change without notice.
4. There is one (1) Grand Prize (the "Grand Prize") available to be won from all valid entries received during the Contest Period, consisting of: Prize winner's choice of one (1) 2013 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, or Cadillac vehicle with a manufacturer's suggested retail price ("MSRP") of $36,000 CAD or less.
Maximum retail value of the Grand Prize is approximately $36,000 CAD or less, depending on which vehicle is selected by the Prize winner.
The Grand Prize includes destination/freight charges. Colour, accessories, and other specifics of the Grand Prize will be at GMCL's sole discretion. Manufacturer's warranty applies to the Grand Prize. Upon notification, Prize winner will personally take delivery of the Grand Prize from a GMCL dealership within Canada reasonably close to the Prize winner's home as designated by GMCL within 2 months of being declared the Prize winner. Prize winner must present adequate personal identification to claim the Grand Prize vehicle. The Grand Prize vehicle will not be released unless Prize winner first shows proof of having a valid driver's licence in the province in which he/she resides and satisfactory insurance, as determined by GMCL. Prize winner is solely responsible for all taxes and expenses which are not included in the Grand Prize description above, including but not limited to: registration and licence fees, insurance, additional accessories and all other costs incurred in claiming, registering or using the vehicle. Prize winner is responsible for all costs associated with any upgrade or option packages he/she may request and which GMCL, in its sole discretion, is willing to provide or has provided respecting any vehicle. GMCL at its discretion may substitute a 2014 model year vehicle of the same or like model and style in the event of lack of vehicle availability due to limited production or any other reason.
Any costs or expenses incurred by the Prize winner in claiming or using the Grand Prize will be the responsibility of the Prize winner. Grand Prize must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and cannot be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in whole or in part for cash, subject to the provisions set forth elsewhere in these Rules.
Grand Prize Draw:
5. A random draw (the "Draw") will be held at 1:00 p.m. (EST) on January 7, 2014 (the "Draw Date") by the Independent Contest Organization in Oakville, Ontario from all valid entries received to choose a potential Grand Prize winner. The odds of being selected as a potential Prize winner depend on the total number of valid entries received from all modes of entry during the Contest Period. The selected participant will be contacted by telephone within three (3) business days of the Draw Date. If the selected participant (a) cannot be reached by telephone within three (3) business days of the Draw Date; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question (see Rule 6.b); or (c) fails to return the properly executed Declaration and Release Form within the specified time (see Rule 6.c), then he/she will be disqualified and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected participant. The Grand Prize will only be awarded to the person whose full name, telephone number, address and valid email address appears on the official Contest entry form.
6. To be declared a Prize winner and claim the Grand Prize, the entrant selected for the Grand Prize must:
a) Be reached by telephone by the Independent Contest Organization within three (3) business days of the random draw.
b) Correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question that will be asked by the Independent Contest Organization over the telephone at a mutually convenient time without help of any nature.
c) Be eligible according to the Contest Rules and once the skill-testing question has been correctly answered, sign a Declaration and Release Form that will be sent by mail, or e-mail and return it, duly completed to the Independent Contest Organization within five (5) business days of its receipt. The Declaration and Release requires a potential Prize winner to confirm, except where prohibited by law, acceptance of the Prize as awarded, agreement to be bound by the Contest Rules, eligibility to participate in this Contest and compliance with these Rules and to release GMCL, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, dealers, its advertising and promotional agencies, sponsors, suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest, and the Independent Contest Organization, and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, successors and assigns from any liability and damages which could arise out of or are in any way related to the Contest and from the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of the Grand Prize.
7. Failure to comply with any of the above conditions or otherwise with the Rules, will result in the disqualification of the selected entrant. In this event, a new random Draw from the remaining valid entries received would be performed to award the Prize and the entrant selected must be able to be reached by phone within 48 hours of the new draw, failing which another draw will be held within a subsequent equal timeframe up until such a time as an official Prize winner would be declared. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Prize winner must be declared no later than February 6, 2014, otherwise the Grand Prize will be void. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest or for any reason, there are more potential winners of the Grand Prize than contemplated in the Contest Rules GMCL may, at its sole discretion, conduct a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest closing date to award the Grand Prize or may terminate or amend the Contest in whole or in part without notification to Contest participants.
8. Upon receipt of the Declaration and Release Form, the Sponsor will notify the Grand Prize winner of the manner in which he/she will have to take possession of the Grand Prize. GMCL reserves the right to determine how the presentation of the Grand Prize will occur and this may be either a media event, by mail, or in person.
9. By entering this Contest, the Prize winner authorizes the Sponsor and their representatives to use in any related publicity, if required, his/her name, photograph, image, any statements he/she may make regarding the Grand Prize, place of residence and/or voice for advertising purposes worldwide in perpetuity and in any form of media including the Internet, without any form of compensation, or further notice, except where prohibited by law.
10. Entry forms become the property of GMCL and will not be returned to entrants at any time. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants, except with the entrants selected to win the Grand Prize.
11. In the event that, for reasons beyond their control and not related to the Prize winner, the Sponsor is unable to award the Grand Prize as described in these Rules, they will agree to substitute a prize of similar nature and equal or greater value.
12. Entries are subject to verification by the Contest organizers. GMCL, its advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective employees, agents and representatives may not be held liable for, (i) late, lost, delayed, not received, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, stolen, fraudulent, or illegible entries (all of which shall be automatically void and not eligible for the Grand Prize); (ii) failure to receive entries due to transmission failures, busy signals, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or technical failures of any kind, including without limitation, malfunctioning of any network servers, access providers, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or recipient; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest and breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers". GMCL (or the Independent Contest Organization) reserves the right to void any entry and/or cancel or modify the Contest in whole or in part (without notice to entrants individually) if, in its sole discretion, it determines that for any reason (such as tampering or any other cause beyond its control) the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, fraud, human, printing or distribution errors, or any other causes or occurrences have compromised the administration, safety, fairness or integrity of the Contest (subject, if applicable, to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec). Any person entering this Contest or trying to do so by any means which go against the intention of these Rules and which would be unfair to the other participants will be automatically disqualified and GMCL reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law - including criminal prosecution.
13. Prize Winner's Name: For the name of the Grand Prize winner, available after February 28, 2014, send a letter along with a self-addressed postage, stamped envelope to "GM Enterprise - Win the Ultimate Ride" Contest, Winner's List Request, P.O. Box 5849, Station "A", Toronto, ON, M5W 1P3. The Prize winner's name will be available until June 30, 2014.
14. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be adjudicated in the applicable court in Toronto, Ontario.
15. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec (the "Régie") for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the Grand Prize may be submitted to the Régie for the purpose of helping the parties reach a fair settlement.
16. By entering this Contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Independent Contest Organization, which are final, binding and conclusive on all matters relative to this Contest.
At General Motors of Canada Limited ("GM Canada"), we respect your privacy and value our relationship with you. Your personal information will be protected, will never be sold, and unless we advise you in advance, will be used only by GM Canada, our affiliates, dealers, and service providers (only to provide services). Our goal is to enhance your product and service experience with us. By submitting this personal information to us, you are consenting to its use and disclosure for the following purposes:
Copyright 2012 General Motors of Canada Limited — all rights reserved.