Get behind the wheel and get going with your life.
We know that students don’t exactly have a lot of spare cash. That’s why we want to help you get behind the wheel of a Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac with our Student Bonus program.
How does it work? Well it’s simple. If you’re a student, or have graduated within the last 4 years you may be eligible to receive up to $750* off your next vehicle.
To participate, simply visit a local Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac dealership for more details. With so many awesome, eligible vehicles to choose from, you have an exciting decision to make!
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for the Student Bonus discount?
The Student Bonus is open to eligible individuals who:
- Are full-time high school students
- Have graduated** within the last 4 years from a recognized high school.
- Are part-time*** or full-time students who are enrolled in an accredited college, CEGEP, university or apprenticeship program.
- Have graduated** within the last 4 years from an accredited college, CEGEP, university or apprenticeship program.
- Are part-time*** or full-time students of an Adult and Vocational program.
- Have graduated** within the last 4 years from an accredited part-time or full-time Adult and Vocational program
Which vehicles are eligible?
|Chevrolet Camaro||$750||$750||See Model|
|Chevrolet Corvette||$750||$750||See Model|
|Chevrolet Spark||$500||$500||See Model|
|Chevrolet Sonic||$500||$500||See Model|
|Chevrolet Cruze||$500||$500||See Model|
|Chevrolet Malibu||$500||$500||See Model|
|Chevrolet Impala||$750||$750||See Model|
|Chevrolet Trax||$500||$500||See Model|
|Chevrolet Equinox||$750||$750||See Model|
|Chevrolet Traverse||$750||$750||See Model|
|Chevrolet Tahoe||$750||$750||See Model|
|Chevrolet Suburban||$750||$750||See Model|
|Chevrolet Colorado||$750||$750||See Model|
|Chevrolet Silverado||$750||$750||See Model|
|Chevrolet Express||$750||$750||See Model|
How do I participate in the Student Bonus discount?
If you’re eligible, talk to your dealer to redeem. Locate a dealer near you.
Does the purchase/finance/lease require a down payment?
Your Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac dealership will be able to provide details on the down payment of your chosen vehicle.
Can I combine the Student Bonus Discount offer with current retail incentives?
Yes, in most cases.
Can I combine the Student Bonus Discount offer with other GM discount programs?
Yes, in most cases. Ask your local dealership for details.
Can I use a trade-in with the Student Bonus Discount?
Your dealership will be able to provide more information on trade-ins. Contact a dealer today to redeem your Student Bonus Discount. Locate a dealer.
More from GM
Want even more savings? Collect points and use them towards purchasing your first GM vehicle.
Let us make purchasing or leasing your next vehicle convenient and hassle free.
* Eligible students or recent graduates receive a Student Bonus credit of $500 or $750 (tax inclusive) (credit amount depends on vehicle purchased) to use towards the purchase or lease of one eligible new 2015, 2016 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac vehicle delivered between January 5, 2016 and January 3, 2017. Vehicle must be registered solely in name of applicant (but contracts may be co-signed) for a minimum of six months and 12,000 kilometres. Limit of one vehicle purchase, finance or lease per eligible individual in his/her lifetime; offer not available to recipients of any previous GM student/graduate offer. Limited time offer, which replaces certain prior GM offers and may not be combined with certain current GM offers. Void where prohibited by law. General Motors of Canada Company may modify, extend or terminate this offer in whole or in part at any time without notice. For full program details, including participant and vehicle eligibility, please visit your local dealer or call 1-800-GM-DRIVE.
º Applicant must be a legal resident of Canada of age of majority in their province or territory of residence at time of application with a valid Canadian Driver's Licence. Individuals must meet the eligibility and other offer requirements during the offer period. Limited to institutions in or outside Canada as currently approved or recognized by General Motors of Canada Company. See your dealer for eligible institutions. As part of the transaction, dealer may request eligibility documentation and will contact GM Canada to verify eligibility. Determination of full-time status at discretion of GM Canada as determined through supporting documentation. For full program details, please visit your local Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac dealer or call 1-800-GM-DRIVE.
** For graduates, the 4-year eligibility period will be measured from the date shown on the graduate's diploma.
*** Working towards a degree or diploma for a program consisting of the equivalent of two years or 16 months of study.
Note: A student is eligible only once in his/her lifetime.